What is the ZUP logic for this?

engsiong75engsiong75 Member Posts: 143
Hi

I am using NAV2009 SP1. I am using the Classic SQL client version which still uses the ZUP file.

Problem:
I create a user A with SUPER Role for company A and I create another user B with SUPER Role for company B. When user A login and then quits. User B is not able to login into company B. One will get the permission error, "You do not have permission to run the 'MBS' Menusuite." Contact your system administrator to have your permissions changed."

The only solution is either to delete the zup file, login as a super user who has rights to both Company A and Company B and then change the Company A to B.

My current solution is to use a shortcut that points to Company A and another shortcut that points to Company B.

Any better ideas?

Thank you,

Tan Eng Siong

Comments

• engsiong75engsiong75 Member Posts: 143
    engsiong75 wrote:

My current solution is to use a shortcut that points to Company A and another shortcut that points to Company B.

I found a slightly better solution. That is to create a short cut that does not point to any Company.

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\60\Classic\finsql.exe" NTAUTHENTICATION=0, NETTYPE=TCP, servername="Server Name", database="Database name", COMPANY=

Any better ideas?