Year End Closing in NAV 5.0

aktharakthar Member Posts: 30
Dear All,

There are 5 companies in my DB and no company is allowing me to close the year
I want to create new fiscal year and trying to close the old year. But strange that I am getting the warning message saying "Form does not recognize the control 1".
The fiscal year starts from 01/01/09 to 31/12/09 there is "New Fiscal Year" tick mark for the month of january which i agreed and but also there is a tick mark for the month of february too.. I dont know how the tick mark created. And If i tried to untick for the february it is giving me same message "Form does not recognize the control 1".

How to close the year?
I had close the inventory period also, by specifiying the ending date and then closed the year and before closing the inventory period, I had also run the costing batch jobs but no change
Is there any separate process to do done?
How to create a new accounting period?

Waiting for the replies

Thanks in advance

Answers

• jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    What version are you in ?

General you can create new years whenever you want, have you run your the close year batch job and posted the journal yet.

There are three columns for accounting periods ,new year, closed and dated locked which tick does feburary have?

the error message sounds like someone has bespoke your system (British word to tease simple americans :)

What happens when your press close year. I haven't worked with inventory periods yet so unsure if and how that affects a close year routine or if indian close year is different
  • aktharakthar Member Posts: 30
    Thank you for your reply

I am using NAV 5.0 W1 version and the tick is in new year column and when I press close year it gives me the message "Form does not recognize the control 1".

I too agree that, the year end closing is the straight forward process, but dont know why in this DB giving me this message and to clarify you, i am functional but even i tried to debug which takes me to some inventory costing related codeunits. Not getting any idea why and what happend and how to solve this #-o

Need your valuable inputs

Thanks
  • kapil4dynamicskapil4dynamics Member Posts: 591
    Check you Inventory posting setup what value do u have in Average Cost Period it must be blank.

Check this

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20892&hilit=+Codeunit.

It shud look like this

Name ConstValue
    Text000 Processing Item...\\
    Text001 Item No. #1######\
    Text002 Valuation Date #2######
    Kapil Khanna
  • aktharakthar Member Posts: 30
    Thank you kapil

\:D/ Issue resolved

For more clarity on issue

- Not allowing to create the new fiscal year
    - Not allowing to change the average cost period in Inventory Setup from one option to another option. i.e. for examplel from day to accounting period, if the day is already selected option.

Resolution:

We need to change the code unit 5810 -> C/AL Globals ->Text Constants ->
    Text001 ConstValue to Item No. #1######\
    Text002 ConstValue to Valuation Date #2######

Then try to change the accounting period. Hope the issue will be solved.

This is the link to access the KB article:

https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase ... nin1.0#EYE

Chayooo..