Enhancement Plan pricing changes

MatStephensSandAMatStephensSandA Member Posts: 74
Hi.

I know I am looking for a simple answer to a difficult question so i appologise in advance.

We are a Navision end user company and have a native 2.6 DB with a 3.7 executable. We have 90 users and are VERY bespoke. We have a support contract but have not logged a call for over two years so we are considering cutting the support and also the MS Enhancement.
As we have not upgraded due to our bespokeness since our 3.7 client upgrade almost 6 years ago so we cant see the point of continuing to pay for MS enhancement especially as 3.7 and 2.6 are already unsupported by Microsoft (but are supported by aour reseller). As i understand it as we have always paid for enhanement, should we wish to upgrade to 2009 then we are already covered as the software was released while we were a paying enhancement customer.

Our Reseller has said that it is not advisable but is legally ok to do this. However there are some changes happening in June or July that will mean that we HAVE to pay for enhancement.

If thats the case can we just pay for enhancement when it is enforced?
Is answer something that can be laid out in 'idot terms' or is it a case that i have to read 400 document from Microsoft that contradict each other?

As always i look forward to the assistance of the mibuso family.

thanks
M@
I have seen the future and it's egg shaped.

Comments

• matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    For those who don't know, bespoke = customized. (I had to look it up).
    As i understand it as we have always paid for enhanement, should we wish to upgrade to 2009 then we are already covered as the software was released while we were a paying enhancement customer.

I'm not sure about this one. I think whenever you get a new license (add / delete / do something to it) they put in the granule for the latest version, so this could be true.
    Our Reseller has said that it is not advisable but is legally ok to do this. However there are some changes happening in June or July that will mean that we HAVE to pay for enhancement.

At this point Microsoft will require you to be on an Enhancement plan to make any changes to your license. That could be buying a Form for $20, adding a user, or buying a new add-on.
    If thats the case can we just pay for enhancement when it is enforced?

Yes, but there are late fees with it (not cheap).

Here's a discussion on a similar topic: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=39797&hilit=+microsoft
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    Microsoft is having a promotion for lapsed Enhancement plan whereby you can pay the current year charges and all your lapsed payment including penalty will be waived off. The scheme is valid upto May 2010. Further now the enhancement charges will be 16% for all customer. Client will not be able to purchase new granules and users if he is not on enhancement plan after the scheme is over.

As fas as I know the scheme is not valid for NA (US & Canada).
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in