Advance Shipping Notice

navgbanavgba Member Posts: 48
Has anyone used the advance shipping notice feature. What is the concept and how it can be used in an inter company scenario?
This will usually be an advance notification sent when the goods are shipped, especially to inter company (/subsidiary), with shipping details like products shipped, qty & ETA. This is a candidate to best practice that an advance notification is sent from sender to the receiving party about dispatch of goods that helps in further planning.

How is it enabled in navision? Has anyone applied it?

Comments

• David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    navgba wrote:
    Has anyone used the advance shipping notice feature. What is the concept and how it can be used in an inter company scenario?
    This will usually be an advance notification sent when the goods are shipped, especially to inter company (/subsidiary), with shipping details like products shipped, qty & ETA. This is a candidate to best practice that an advance notification is sent from sender to the receiving party about dispatch of goods that helps in further planning.

How is it enabled in navision? Has anyone applied it?

Are you talking about Lanham's EDI module? That's the only ASN I know of in Navision. Though I assume any EDI add-on should have this.

Either way I didn't thing Navision had ASNs as standard.
    David Singleton