Report in Spanish

Prototype1Prototype1 Member Posts: 37
Hi all.
Have a requirement to print a report in Spanish. Don't want to add Language granual just for a report. Read a little about Multiple Document Language functionality. Could anyone give me a few pointers as to the C/side code to manage this. I assume I need some in the OnAfterGet Record.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Tim

Comments

• jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    I had a look at this a while ago,

Basically if you import the language pack but don't have it on your license most of the standard reports will still print out on the laguage you have against the vendor or customer etc.

EG you import spanish language print out a standard invoice to a customer who has the language field filled in on foregin trade tab, the report willl print in spanish.

You just won't be able to ue nav in spanish etc. since languages are free its a workaround way of doing it.
  • Prototype1Prototype1 Member Posts: 37
    Thanks for the quick responce. This would be exactly what I need. I have added the ESP language to my Native test system, but I cannot get any report to run in anything other than English. Do the CaptionML fields need to be filled for ESP?

Thanks

Tim
  • jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    Yes if you didn't import language pack properly you would have that issue.

The multilanguage just reads the MLcaption fields so if you have the language pack inserted correctly you should be able to see the language MLCAPTION ESP= blah