sales return order copy document functionality in Nav5.0sp1

bdurgabdurga Member Posts: 44
Dear Friends,

One of our client faces a problem with the base functionality of navision in sales return and purchase return. Kindly provide some suggesstions for the below issue.

In sales/purchase return system is calculating only current tax when they are using the "copy document".
For Example upto 31/12/2009 Vat % was 12.5 % in Chattisgarh. From 01/01/2010 they have revised
to 14%.

Now when they want to do sales return on 01/01/2010 for the bill dated before 31/12/2009 with 12.5% by
copy document the system is calculating 14% instead of 12.5%. Kindly provide some solution for the same. suggest some options and solutions to solve this issue for our client.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Durgalskhmi.B

Comments

• matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    In the US this is handled by the Tax Detail table. It lists all of the tax rates for each area and the dates they were effective. Don't know if there is similar functionality in your localization.
  • jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    I imagine this will depend upon if you still have the same tax code in your tables.

If you had a code called TAX01 and just changed the percentage you would get the new percentage everytime a validation action was done from the header to the lines.

If you have 2 codes old and new then when you copy the document you should tick include header from old doc with old tax rate, unsure if recalulate line with pick up the new code though or retain the new.

you are better off testing a combination of include header and recalculate lines = yes/No though having it unticked would be my guess
  • lallylally Member Posts: 323
    Hi experts,

I am also facing the same problem , could you throw some light about this.

really indian taxation ](*,) ](*,) .
    lally
  • rsfairbanksrsfairbanks Member Posts: 107
    Just follow jannestig's advice, and try copying without recalculating the lines

In the UK when this happened (down then back up), we simply added a VAT Product Group for the new rate, which you could then change on the line if needed.
  • bspencerbspencer Member Posts: 50
    I was thinking about this issue in terms of what I would suggest if this issue were presented to me. I suppose if it did not happen frequently, I would recommend that "Allow Tax Difference" be set to True in the Sales and Receivables and Purchases and Payables Setup tables and have the user manually change the tax amount on the return order to match the original posted invoice (F9 for tax form).

Am I understanding the problem correctly?
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    Sales Tax module is Indian customization and it runs according to Posting Date. Further the requirement of India law (as per clients) is to return the goods on the same sales tax rate (even though the current rate may be different).
    There is no standard way to solve it except to create a separate Tax Group code which should be changed on all the items when tax rate is changed or change the tax group code at the time of return.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in