Item Landing cost

PPPPPP Member Posts: 159
Hi,

I am using this application for a trading division. Where we Import goods and sell in domestic market ( VAT and CST sale).

when i import i have other charges like
OCEAN IMPORT FREIGHT
CHARGES COLLECT FEE
ORIGIN INLAND HAULAGE
TERMINAL HANDLING
DELIVERY ORDER FEE
OTHER SERVICE CHARGE as expenses. Adding all these charges along with the purchase cost i will get the landing cost.
On this we add marging to get the sale rate.
can anybody guide me how to do this. how all these charges are linked to the item ? because normally these charges are booked seperately and paid to the clearing agency.
Do we have any method to handle this in Navision to get the landing cost ?

Appreciate your assistance.

Thnks
PpP

Comments

• jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    Yes if you search on this forum you will find more more discussion,

You pretty much want to look at using the item charges feature. there are specific modules written for this but depending upon your business model item charges may suffice.

They effectively represent exspenses incurred along with the purchase of items, eg freight, insurance etc these costs can then be added to the items cost as an indirect cost etc.
  • PPPPPP Member Posts: 159
    Yes I thought of using Item charges. But then how will I book expenses. because this amount I will be paying to the clearing agents not the original vendor right ?
  • chengalasettyvsraochengalasettyvsrao Member Posts: 711
    PPP wrote:
    Hi,

I am using this application for a trading division. Where we Import goods and sell in domestic market ( VAT and CST sale).

when i import i have other charges like
    OCEAN IMPORT FREIGHT
    CHARGES COLLECT FEE
    ORIGIN INLAND HAULAGE
    TERMINAL HANDLING
    DELIVERY ORDER FEE
    OTHER SERVICE CHARGE as expenses. Adding all these charges along with the purchase cost i will get the landing cost.
    On this we add marging to get the sale rate.
    can anybody guide me how to do this. how all these charges are linked to the item ? because normally these charges are booked seperately and paid to the clearing agency.
    Do we have any method to handle this in Navision to get the landing cost ?

Appreciate your assistance.

Do you have only one account called Landing cost or multiple accounts.?

If you know all these costs at the time of importing then use the Structure concept which is availble for only Indian Localization.

Other wise use the Item Charge concept - Item charge Assignment to load that costs on Inventory.
    PPP wrote:
    Hi,

I

Do you have only one account called Landing cost or multiple accounts.?

If you know all these costs at the time of importing then use the Structure concept which is availble for only Indian Localization.

Other wise use the Item Charge concept - Item charge Assignment to load that costs on Inventory.

These costs are identified during the purchase booking.
    But if I use the structure then these amount will get post to Supplier ledger correct ?
  • chengalasettyvsraochengalasettyvsrao Member Posts: 711
    In structure there is functionality called payable to third party , in this field Place a check mark.

To select the Third party code follow the below procedure.

Purchase order - > Line ( Menu button) - > structure details - > select the thirdparty code.

what ever the amount you book against that third party code , system will create the seperate invoice.(Purchase Invoice)
    In structure there is functionality called payable to third party , in this field Place a check mark.

To select the Third party code follow the below procedure.

Purchase order - > Line ( Menu button) - > structure details - > select the thirdparty code.

what ever the amount you book against that third party code , system will create the seperate invoice.(Purchase Invoice)

Great....

Let me try this.

Thanks a lot