Exchange Rates and Conv. LCY Rndg. Lines problem

Emanuel_Folken23Emanuel_Folken23 Member Posts: 6
edited 2010-05-23 in Navision Financials
Hi guys!

Hope someone have had a similar problem like I have.

I created a couple of Currencies (USD and EUR) for testing and I defined for each one of it its Exchange Rates with today (03/08/10) as its Starting Date :) , after that I defined the Conv. LCY Rndg. Debit Acc. and Conv. LCY Rndg. Credit Acc. values in order to post Conv. LCY Rndg. Lines, and had USD as my Local Currency Code in General Ledger Setup.

I created a couple of lines in a General Journal (GENERAL Batch Name) using EUR as the Currency Code for these journal lines, after these were balanced for the Currency Code defined for them (EUR = Foreign Currency) I obtained a Total Balance different from zero and used Insert Conv. LCY Rndg. Lines function to balance these for the LCY (USD) defined in GL Setup.

Well once this was done the journal lines were successfully posted into the GL Entry table and Dimension Value table as usual :mrgreen: , but when I tried to post another journal with several lines using the same Currency Code as for the last Journal (EUR = Foreign Currency and USD = Local Currency), the lines are balanced!!! :-$ And that was not supposed to be happening, then I tried to use the exact same values as the ones used for the first journal in the Amount field for each and every line and these are perfectly balanced though, why does this is happening? Do this procedure is not supposed to work each and every time even if you use the exact same values for the Amount field? So, why I don't have the need to insert these Conv. LCY Rndg Lines anymore? There's something I'm missing to setup or did something wrong?

If anyone can explain what I'm doing wrong or how can I fix this I'll really appreciate it, receive all many kind regards.

Emanuel Galvan.

Comments

• ndnndn Member Posts: 19
    Hi,

The decimal differences created when all the lines are converted need to be eliminated by posting the rounding differences to the said accounts. Even if there are no apparent unbalanced vouchers there might be some minute differences created while using currency conversions in a single document with multiple lines.