Can I import an image from the clipboard?

JosetxoJosetxo Member Posts: 92
Hello all,

We are running NAV4.0.
I guess the answer to my question is NO but I won't give up ... yet. We have just re-programmed an Access database to C/AL. You know, faster, more reliable, company-integrated...
But, the user complains that in the old system he was able to copy any region from a PDF file and paste it as an image in a record.
I am almost sure that this not possible in Navision, is it? I know I can import BMPs or show JPGs froma shared drive after converting them to BMP "on-the fly"... but, no way to copy - paste.

Can you please confirm?
Regards,
Josetxo

Comments

• David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Josetxo wrote:
    Hello all,

We are running NAV4.0.
    I guess the answer to my question is NO but I won't give up ... yet. We have just re-programmed an Access database to C/AL. You know, faster, more reliable, company-integrated...
    But, the user complains that in the old system he was able to copy any region from a PDF file and paste it as an image in a record.
    I am almost sure that this not possible in Navision, is it? I know I can import BMPs or show JPGs froma shared drive after converting them to BMP "on-the fly"... but, no way to copy - paste.

Can you please confirm?
    Regards,
    Josetxo

Anything can be done. ... but... do you really want to do this?

When you start responding to the "but in our old system we could..." you eventually end out recreating the old system, and it never works properly, and it becomes very very expensive.

Sit with your users and train them. A part of the sales process in Navision is to show the new users that they will have a lot of new features and wins, but they will also lose some things they are used to. The key is to get back more than you lose. If this was not done at the sales stage, then I can understand the customer wanting everything, and really no one else to blame but the sales person.
    David Singleton
  • JosetxoJosetxo Member Posts: 92
    Thank you David.

The users are getting back more than thay are losing, this point was clear from the very beggining of the development. It is true that we were not aware of this issue before starting the project, but today they are working with a much more efficient system. So, at the end of the day, they have a better system, and they aware of that.

We are only trying to improve this part, if possible. If not, I'll train the user to do it by importing a previously created BMP.

Best regards.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Josetxo wrote:
    Thank you David.

The users are getting back more than thay are losing, this point was clear from the very beggining of the development. It is true that we were not aware of this issue before starting the project, but today they are working with a much more efficient system. So, at the end of the day, they have a better system, and they aware of that.

We are only trying to improve this part, if possible. If not, I'll train the user to do it by importing a previously created BMP.

Best regards.

:thumbsup:

I think you know what to do then.
    David Singleton