Performance Issue

cavalcanti_spacecavalcanti_space Member Posts: 49
Hi,

I have a database performance problem at my company.
It takes nearly 5 min to register a Sales Order, 2 min to register 1 line on the general journal.
I can see when a Sales Order is registering everything goes fine until it tries to create the entry on the G/L entry. It hangs there for a while until it gets registered.

We have windows server 2008 and sql server 2008
I hav done a copy of the database and have deleted all entries in the G/L entry and the dimension ledger entry. The G/L entry has about 4000000 entries.
I have created a new database and restored the backup from the navision.
I have also optized the G/L entry table and unclicked the maintain sift index on the G/L entry keys.

None of those procedures have sorted the issue.

Anyone has any ideas how I could sort this out?

cheers

Comments

• David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    I hav done a copy of the database and have deleted all entries in the G/L entry and the dimension ledger entry. The G/L entry has about 4000000 entries.
    I have created a new database and restored the backup from the navision.
    I have also optized the G/L entry table and unclicked the maintain sift index on the G/L entry keys.

None of those procedures have sorted the issue.

Who told you to do all this? You need to restore an original database form before you did all this, and get someone in to tune it properly. Simply turning things on and off and deleting entries will not help.
    David Singleton
  • cavalcanti_spacecavalcanti_space Member Posts: 49
    Hi David,

I have done all this in a copy of the database. I have done all of those procedures to single out the problems that could be causing the slow performance.

Do you know what can I do to tune it?
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Step one is to post some information. its very hard to help you if you want to keep everything secret. The only piece of usable information you have posted is that you have 4,000,000 GL entries.

Like saying that its taking a long time to drive to work in the morning and all you have told us is that your car is Green, and you expect help. ](*,)
    David Singleton
  • kapamaroukapamarou Member Posts: 1,152
    Hi,

On all keys? Without checking which ones are actually required? How long does it take to calculate a G/L account balance? :shock: