Setup Master Templet(In Nav -2009 SP1).

satish_navsatish_nav Member Posts: 65
Hi.. All

I am using Nav-2009 Sp1.

I Created master Templers, for ITEM Master. In the Master Templet definition i defined some fields as default and some other fields as Mandatory. While Applying Templetes default fields are applied(as templet difination) and i have not entered in Mandatory fields in ITEM Master. But i am using the created item in transactions.
Can you help me how to apply Mandatory function to the master in Templets.
Thanks in advance..

Satish...

Comments

• chengalasettyvsraochengalasettyvsrao Member Posts: 711
    In the template when you are selecting the fields some fields are not mandatory to post the transaction and some fields are mandatory post the transactions.

for example In Table 18, you can select customer master data by selecting general information fields such as : Address, Postcode, and City; and communications fields, such as: Phone, Fax, E-mail, and Homepage.but these fields are not mandatory to do any customer transaction.

But the fields Gen.Business posting group and Customer Posting group are mandatory fields . so when you select the fields in the template place a check mark in Mandatory field and dont fill the data in the template , apply this template to new customer .

Now try to do any transaction ( Like sales order sales invoice), you will know the result.

system will not allow to create the transaction when these Gen.Business posting group and Customer posting group are blank.
  • satish_navsatish_nav Member Posts: 65
    Thanks for your reply.

As u mentioned, Gen. Bus Posting Group and some other fields are mandatory with the Navision Produt to do any transactions. In my case i want to set mandatory to my customised field. I want, If my customised field is empty then system should not allow any transactions with the master. But i am unable to apply this functionality.

Please suuggest me on this....
    Thanks in advance..

Satish...
    I think that you know how to create the new Customer master and new Sales order.

When it comes to new Customer - X 001 and dont fill the Gen.Business Posting group and customer Posting groupfor that customer.

Now create a sales order for that customer - X001. system will throw the message .

Microsoft Dynamics NAV Classic
    You must specify Customer Posting Group in Customer No.='X 001'.

OK

Take this example use the Debugger how system throws the error.

The same logic applied to your customized field.
  • satish_navsatish_nav Member Posts: 65
    Sir..

thank u for your reply.I can follow you as in developing view but
    I just want to use the master templet, because end user want to set the mandatory fields based up on the customer type.

Plese help me out....
    Thanks in advance..

Satish...
    satish_nav wrote:
    I just want to use the master templet, because end user want to set the mandatory fields based up on the customer type.

where u want to set the mandatory field in customer Template or [/b]customer card[/b] ?