Apply Ledger customer with a payment

TruitiTruiti Member Posts: 3
Hi,
It is possible with code to apply a Payment against different customer Ledger entries?
For exemple:
Invoice Customer N°1 = 500$
Invoice Customer N°2 = 1000$

I receipt a payment by other customer, he's a third party payer.
Payment Customer N°3 = 1500$

When I enter the payment, i use customer N°3 because i have modifed the code for Apply ID between invoice to the Customers N°1 et Customer N°2.
When I validate, a specific code genere entries automatically on customers. The balance is good.

So, my problem is the customer Ledger entries be "Open" or this entries must be close because the payment is OK.

Thanks for your help

Comments

• ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    You should use "Bill to Customer".
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • TruitiTruiti Member Posts: 3
    Hello,
    I can't use Field "bill to customer" beacause invoices must be really pass to "sell to customer".
  • chengalasettyvsraochengalasettyvsrao Member Posts: 711
    Truiti wrote:
    i have modifed the code for Apply ID between invoice to the Customers N°1 et Customer N°2.

So the responsibility is with you only.
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    This kind of modification is not recommended and should always be avoided because it will create inconsistency in the database and you might face problems in posting of reversal voucher and unapplying application entries. Foreign currency application might also create problems.

Can you spell the exact nature of requirement? I think the real problem lies there and modification to NAV the way you have done should be avoided.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • vijay_gvijay_g Member Posts: 884
    edited 2016-08-11
    Edit
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    vijay_g wrote:
    So the responsibility is with you only.
    here is somebody putting query for expecting help but this is not the right way that you are using either if you don't know abt it or know then why are you including yourself.
    i know the guy doing that system does not recommended to do.

try not to become a man of success rather become a man of value.

You have made a code change that you should not have made, so who else would the responsibility be with?

The correct way to do this is to journal the amounts between customers.
    David Singleton