Actual Output is not calculating properly

KSP_NAVKSP_NAV Member Posts: 68
I have a Released Production Order for 50 quantities of Item A. It has 2 components B and C.

There are 4 routing defined for the Prod. Order. Lets say 005 (Machine Center), 010 (MAchine Center), 030 (Machine Center) and 040 (Machine Center). These routing doesn't have parallel routings (Previous/Next Operation is 0 in all routings) and also there is no "Routing Link Code" for Components.

Then, i post the Output Journal partially. i.e only the routing 005 is completed posted with 50 nos and other routings are posted with 20 nos. Then, i create Consumption Journal and posted for 20 nos.

Again, if i run the Consumption Journal and select "Actual Output" calculation which outcomes with wrong output's. i.e. Again the Consumption Journal is created for 30 nos. The issue is that i have not posted output again but it calculates for 30 nos (this is like expected output's outcome). I had a look into base 5.0 SP1 and it seems the same issue persists and no KB available?

Has anyone noticed this problem?

Thanks

Comments

• chengalasettyvsraochengalasettyvsrao Member Posts: 711
    what is the problem ?

system does right . The thing is that you have to understand the process.
  • bstoyanobstoyano Member Posts: 134
    :!: The consumption journal does not calculate output.

What you have done is:
    1. You have produced 50 items (at workcenter 005) and you do not have any routing link codes defined, i.e. all consumption should be done when you start production.
    2. You have consumed components for 20 items.
    3. You calculate consumption on an actual output basis and NAV calculates that you haven't consumed components for 30 items (actual output 50 - consumption for 20). So NAV proposes you to consume components for the 30 items you have already produced but you haven;t provided materials for.

As chengalasettyvsrao asked, what exactly bothers you
    Boris
    Please, do not frighten the ostrich,
    the floor is concrete.
  • KSP_NAVKSP_NAV Member Posts: 68
    I think, i should have explained more clearly.

1. I have posted output journal for all 4 routings for 20 pcs and only first operation for all 50.

Operation Quantity

005 50
    010 20
    030 20
    040 20

2. I consumed components for 20 finished pieces.

3. But now consuming with actual output suggest me to consume the rest 30pcs of components. If there was a link between operation and components then this is fine but now the outcome is like counting the expected output.

As you can see, i have not completely posted output for the remaining 30pcs for routings (010,030, 040) but it calculates 30 nos when i run the batch.
  • chengalasettyvsraochengalasettyvsrao Member Posts: 711
    Still the answer is same system is doing right.
  • bstoyanobstoyano Member Posts: 134
    If you want NAV to consume the components step-by-step, then you should use routing links to the components. Thus you tell NAV when a component is to be consumed. And it works absolutely fine (I have just tested it, because I have read about this, but never really tried :wink:)

In your case NAV will even go further - it will offer you to consume all the components for the operation done at WC 005 (WC stands for workcenter :lol: ) and 40% (20 completed/50 overall) of the expected components needed for the other WC's, or what's left to be consumed.

Since I got confused with all the numbers above :roll: , in general, what you should do is use routing link codes for the components. If you do not use routing links, then NAV assumes that all the necessary components are needed at the first operation.
    Boris
    Please, do not frighten the ostrich,
    the floor is concrete.