Any suggests for DataPerCompany=no ?

gianusgianus Member Posts: 22
Scenario:
Two very small trading companies (12 and 5 Users)
Same business, same building, same fin & adm. employees,
same Items, almost same customers, almost same vendors.
No granules about production, service, human resources, only financial, sales & marketing, purchase, warehouse.

Any of You can suggest me upon in which table is convenient to set to "no" the DataPerCompany property?

Apart some table as Post Code, Territory, Country, Currency, obviously setted to "no" and
some tables as each "entry" obviously setted to "yes"...

Thank You all in advance.
Gianni Capra
www.exe.it

Comments

• matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    First, search the forum, there are lots of posts on this.

Second, it's complicated. Especially once you start dealing with dimensions. For example, a master record that has dimensions. You share the master table, but forget to share the Default Dimension table. Suddenly the master record says something completely different from the Dimensions table in one company, but matches the other.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    gianus wrote:
    Scenario:
    Two very small trading companies (12 and 5 Users)
    Same business, same building, same fin & adm. employees,
    same Items, almost same customers, almost same vendors.
    No granules about production, service, human resources, only financial, sales & marketing, purchase, warehouse.

Any of You can suggest me upon in which table is convenient to set to "no" the DataPerCompany property?

Apart some table as Post Code, Territory, Country, Currency, obviously setted to "no" and
    some tables as each "entry" obviously setted to "yes"...

Thank You all in advance.

Just .... Don't .... Do .... It !!!!!
    David Singleton
  • rdebathrdebath Member Posts: 383
    Ghod, I hate dimensions, I do wish Navision implemented them properly. Go ask me ...

But as for multi-company tables they're rarely worthwhile, except for super-static tables.
    The dimension and dimension value tables sometimes work. Beware deletes.
    The number series tables are also a possible candidate; but only for small databases, or with block-free changes.

Always, the possibility of deletes in one company making links in another company invalid is a problem and a pain to detect.