Purchase Returns and Credits

andySOLTECandySOLTEC Member Posts: 36
I am having trouble completing the purchase return process, if I'm doing something wrong, I'm hoping this is the quickest way of finding out

Working within the CRONUS demo company my process is as follows: -

Create a purchase order against vendor 10000 for 100x1000 against the BLUE location, Post and receive the order
Create a purchase return order for vendor 10000, using 'Get Posted Lines to Reverse' I then select the received purchase order, choosing to return the full amount, I then ship the order
Create a purchase credit memo for vendor 10000, using 'Get Shipment Lines to Reverse' from actions off the lines fast tab, I then select the previously created return document and click OK.

My problem is that when I click OK I receive the following error...

'100 units for Document No. 107087 have already been returned or transferred. Therefore, only 0 units can be returned.'

If I return anything other that the full amount in the purchase return order, I am able to raise a credit memo. I also receive this error if I receive and invoice the purchase order.

Where am I going wrong ??

Thanks in advance

Andy

Comments

• AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    You invoice the line you returned, creating a credit memo is trying to return it a second time.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    [Topic moved from 'NAV 2009' forum to 'NAV/Navision' forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• rajatkaliarajatkalia Member Posts: 65
    Hi

We always apply a credit memo to a posted invoice.

Regards,
    Rajat.
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    Not sure what you are saying.

My reply stating to invoice the return order does indeed create the credit memo. Yes you could apply this to the invoice if you had not paid it but not sure this is relevant to the original post or what you are trying to tell us.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • rajatkaliarajatkalia Member Posts: 65
    HI Adam

I was trying to tell that when we create a credit memo we apply to the Invoice so that the liability that is created through the Invoice gets nullified.

Regards,
    Rajat.
  • Benny_FauziBenny_Fauzi Member Posts: 14
    Hi,

if you do it like that, then i believe when creating the purchase credit memo, you shouldn't use "get posted document to reverse", instead use the "get return shipment line" to get the returned quantity that you have post from purchase return order.
  • SonGoten13SonGoten13 Member Posts: 44
    edit: wrong topic, wanted to post there -> http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=44812&start=0