SQL Server Error in finsql

chandrurecchandrurec Member Posts: 560
Hi all,

When I try to open the database in finsql , I am getting a error as shown below.

"The extended stored procedure xp_ndo_enumusergroups" in the library xp_ndo.dll is not available on the database server CHANDRU.

until this procedure and library have beed added, you cannot connect to this server from Microsoft Dynamics Classic or Microsoft Dynamics Server with windows authentication.You can still connect to database authentication using Microsoft Dynamics NAV Classic.

If anybody knows the solution to overcome this error, Kindly suggest.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
chandru.

Comments

• DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    Go to the search page (click here), and enter "xp_ndo", I got 230 search results.
  • androjdazandrojdaz Member Posts: 20
    Hi,
    this is very common question. Here's a solution:
    http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=23575&highlight=
    That's what she said!
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Chandru, you also need to read the manuals, specifically the installation guide.
    David Singleton
  • matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    It's part of the installation guide if you take a look. You have to copy the DLL over to sql server, setup some extended stored procedures, etc.
  • KYDutchieKYDutchie Member Posts: 345
    Chandru,

it is all in the manuals and on Mibuso and DynamicsUser.net. And if you are not comfortable with SQL, please let an administrator do it for you.

But here is a short description what you need to do
    1. Add the extended stored procedure "xp_ndo_enumusergroups" to the master database
    2. Add the extended stored procedure "xp_ndo_enumuserids" to the master database
    3. Grant execute rights to public for both stored procedures.
    4. Enable traceflag 4616 and restart your sql service.

then you will be able to log on using your windows login.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Willy
    Fostering a homeless, abused child is the hardest yet most rewarding thing I have ever done.
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    [Merged a double topic into this topic]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!