"Blue" vs "gray" line selection and setselectionfilter

sundfarsundfar Member Posts: 28
Is it possible to detect (in code) if the user have selected a line so it turns blue vs. the line has no blue color only an arrow in front?
It looks like setselectionfilter can't seperate.

Regards, Gunnar

Comments

• matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    I don't believe so. Think about a lookup form. It works whether you select the entire line or you just have your cursor on the line.

Why do you need to know? There's probably a work around.
  • androjdazandrojdaz Member Posts: 20
    sundfar wrote:
    Is it possible to detect (in code) if the user have selected a line so it turns blue vs. the line has no blue color only an arrow in front?
    It looks like setselectionfilter can't seperate.

Regards, Gunnar
    If it helps, you can mark records and then detect them with MARKEDONLY function.
    That's what she said!
  • sundfarsundfar Member Posts: 28
    I'm sorry but marking records and then detect them with MARKEDONLY function is not good workaround for us.

Mattrax ask why I need this. I need to call a function from a form, and if a user have selected one or more lines in the subform, I will add information in these lines as parameter data to the function. If the user haven't selected any lines (no blue), I will not add any line information as parameter data.

My problem is of course that the subform-list always have at least one line "focused", so SETSELECTIONFILTER will claim it is selected.

Any other workaround tip?

Regards, Gunnar
  • matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    Well if they don't want to select anything train them to click Cancel.
    And if they click the X don't do anything.
    When they do select OK you can take whatever records are selected or "selected"