Integrating bar codes to NAV

Madge_KMadge_K Member Posts: 2
1. I would like to set up NAV 4.0 to accept scanning of bar code for all our inventory items both when purchasing and selling our stock items. The users thus only scan the products rather than manually inputting them into the system and the system updates the stock automatically both when purchasing and selling items. How can I achieve this?

2. I would also like to generate bar cde from Navision. Can someone tell me step by step how to achieve this?

Comments

• lyotlyot Member Posts: 202
    1. This sounds like a WMS add-on...

2. I have had good experiences with this tool: http://www.mibuso.com/dlinfo.asp?FileID=106
    Another alternative is working with barcode fonts in reports.
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    All depends on how you want to use the barcodes. Take it from this point of view: bar code is only a way, how quickly enter some code into the system. It means, the scanners works as keyboard, which enter the code instead user. That's all. Have you already some forms and fields where you want to enter the data? If yes, just buy the scanner and scan the data. Do you want to use some special mobile scanners? You need some special application for them. Do you want to change the forms you are using now to have them simplified? You need someone who will do it for you...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.