How to obtain a 4.0 SP3 database that's fully updated?

ufukufuk Member Posts: 514
Hi all,

I wanna create a SP3 database which includes all required hotfixes etc. I'll use it as a master database. So what I suppose to do when creating a database like that? Do I have to search all hotfixes, roll-ups and then apply which are necessary?

Regards,
Ufuk Asci
Pargesoft

Comments

• matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    I believe that each build integrates the hot fixes. Someone can correct me if I am mistaken.
  • BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    Remember that is not the database that has the hotxfixes, but the installation files (like finsql.exe and other files depending on the version).
    So you can't "use a database as a master", but you can "use an hotfixed installation cd as a master".
    Hope to be clear.
    P.S.: i cannot confirm what mattrax said, i don't know
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • ufukufuk Member Posts: 514
    Belias, thanks but I don't think so. Some hotfixes are fob files so they are a part of database file.
    I am not sure of what Mattrax said too. Anyone has an idea?
    Ufuk Asci
    Pargesoft
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    ufuk wrote:
    Hi all,

I wanna create a SP3 database which includes all required hotfixes etc. I'll use it as a master database. So what I suppose to do when creating a database like that? Do I have to search all hotfixes, roll-ups and then apply which are necessary?

Regards,

basically YES if you want to be sure this is the correct way.

By the way, I assume you mean 4.00 sp3, if so can you update the title to say so. :whistle:
    David Singleton
    Thanks, I updated the title :D

But still not sure if I have to search for the hotfixes released before the build date :-k Is it possible that a hotfix could not be covered by the next SP release?
    Ufuk Asci
    Pargesoft
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    ufuk wrote:
    Thanks, I updated the title :D

But still not sure if I have to search for the hotfixes released before the build date :-k Is it possible that a hotfix could not be covered by the next SP release?

What build date are you talking about? You started talking about hot fixes, and now Service packs?
    David Singleton
  • BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    ufuk wrote:
    Belias, thanks but I don't think so. Some hotfixes are fob files so they are a part of database file.
    I am not sure of what Mattrax said too. Anyone has an idea?
    yes, you're right, but for that version there was a lot of "executables" upgrade, so i just pointed out that... :whistle:
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
    Thanks all. I think I should better check all hotfixes (older or newer than the SP release date) to be sure.
    Ufuk Asci
    Pargesoft