NAS and SQL Server

jeffb_r4jeffb_r4 Member Posts: 34
Hi.
We have created a warehouse app that we are attempting to deploy. We have a test box running native database that we can successfully connect handhelds to. Both us and the client have a SQL server box that we cannot connect to.
We have checked all of the obvious things like having NAS running etc.
The NAV version is 5.0 SP1 and the SQL server version is 2000 running on a W2k3 server.
Does anybody have any suggestions as to what we can look at?
Any suggestions would be welcome at this point. ](*,)
Thanks.

Comments

• David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    jeffb_r4 wrote:
    Hi.
    We have created a warehouse app that we are attempting to deploy. We have a test box running native database that we can successfully connect handhelds to. Both us and the client have a SQL server box that we cannot connect to.
    We have checked all of the obvious things like having NAS running etc.
    The NAV version is 5.0 SP1 and the SQL server version is 2000 running on a W2k3 server.
    Does anybody have any suggestions as to what we can look at?
    Any suggestions would be welcome at this point. ](*,)
    Thanks.

I would try upgrading to SQL 2005 for a start, I don't think 5 will run very well on 2000. 2000 does not support VSIFT properly, so performance will be really bad.
    David Singleton
  • nthainthai Member Posts: 22
    More details would help!

NIEM THAI
  • superjetsuperjet Member Posts: 40
    how are you connecting handhelds: ADCS / RDP / ... ?
  • KYDutchieKYDutchie Member Posts: 345
    Hi,

what error do you get? Did you check the application log?

Are you using ADCS? If so, there can be multiple issues that can block the scanners from working:
    1. have you checked the firewall to make sure port 6666 is not blocked?
    2. Is there a virus protection running that blocks telnet?
    3. The accounts that are running the VT100 and the NAS, do they have telnet enabled in their profile?
    4. Does the NAS user have sufficient rights?
    5. Do you see the VT100 and NAS startup correctly? Those messages should be in the application log.

All these things should be checked.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Willy
    Fostering a homeless, abused child is the hardest yet most rewarding thing I have ever done.
  • jeffb_r4jeffb_r4 Member Posts: 34
    Thanks to those that replied and sorry I wasn't able to post more information.
    The application doesn't use ADCS. It sends xml files to and from the handheld.
    The problem ended up not being related to SQL server at all. I initially thought it was as our application ran on a native database that we had set up for testing, but not at the client's which had SQL server.
    The problem was eventually fixed by applying update 1 to 5.0 SP1 (or at least the part that related to NAS). This update fixed some problems with NAS, including, apparently, the problem that we had.
    Anyways, I'm posting this information here to highlight that this update is out there and fixed this problem.