Database Conversion Issue (4.0 SP3 to 2009 SP1)

dhamiltondhamilton Member Posts: 14
Attempting to do an executable upgrade on a native database, 4.0 SP3. I've installed the 2009 SP1 client on a workstation and opened the 4.0 SP3 database...it runs through the conversion and tells me it converted successfully. All seems fine, however, every time I reopen the database it continues to prompt me to convert the database. I've attempted the conversion from a couple different workstations and still the same result.

If I go to Help and view the About, my version shows US 4.00 SP2 (6.00.29626).

What am I missing or doing wrong?

Comments

• Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    After the conversion you need to do a transaction in the database, change somthing, e.g. company information.

This should confirm the upgrade.

Version in the about is the FUNCTIONAL version. Between brackets is the TECHNICAL version.

For a Functional upgrade you need to use the upgrade toolkit but this requires developers skills.
  • dhamiltondhamilton Member Posts: 14
    Thanks, just working on a technical upgrade here.

Sorry, I should have mentioned previously that I had done a transaction in the database after the conversion completed. Done several actually...created a record, modified, etc...still though, every time I open the database it prompts me to convert it again. Even tried to recompile an objects after the conversion, same result.

Any other ideas?
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    What version is stored in SQL?

Follow this for instructions how to figure this out:

http://wiki.dynamicsbook.com/index.php?title=Database_Version_Numbers_in_NAV
    David Singleton
    No SQL...this is a native database.
    dhamilton wrote:

What happens if you try to reopen it with 4.00sp2?

In any case it sounds like a bug that the version is not being updated. Check on waldo's blog to see if there is a newer build that addresses this.
    David Singleton
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    [Topic moved from 'NAV 2009' forum to 'NAV/Navision' forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

dhamilton wrote:

In any case it sounds like a bug that the version is not being updated. Check on waldo's blog to see if there is a newer build that addresses this.

Opens up fine actually...so I'm pretty sure it's never really commiting the conversion for whatever reason. I'm going to try and do the conversion, then do a backup and restore and see how that reacts.
    dhamilton wrote:
    dhamilton wrote:

Opens up fine actually...so I'm pretty sure it's never really commiting the conversion for whatever reason. I'm going to try and do the conversion, then do a backup and restore and see how that reacts.
    \

Yes a backup restore will be the safest solution. Since the database will be created in 2009, it should work fine.

Also you ight want to go into the Form designer, drill down on tables and see if any of the new 5.00 or 2009 virtual tables are there such as 2,000,000,065, 067 or 068.
    David Singleton