Language Module - SQL Server

sunnyksunnyk Member Posts: 280
Hi,
We are accessing our database through citrix. For one of the database i have to install the language module for ESP. I tried for local (Native DB). Everything works fine. But when i tried to import the same .flm file(which is on my local system) it gets imported but after restart i cannot see the ESP language for applications.
My ques is If i am using SQL server than how to istall those .flm file and where.

Thank you.

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    flm - language layer for objects. But still you need to have correct language subfolder in your client folder to see the language...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • sunnyksunnyk Member Posts: 280
    Hi Kine,
    TQ. But i still have doubts how to do it on SQL server when we have users accessing DB from different locations and in different languages. they dont have Nav client because we are using Citrix Server to access the DB.
    Citrix just means, that the client is on the citrix server and you need to add the language subfolder there... Of course, problems could be when used languages are using different codepages...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    we have 10-12 Citrix servers. So we have to do it on every server.

Can't i just import the .flm file into Database?
    Have you really read the answer? You need to add the language subfolder to your NAV client folder, not to import the .flm file...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    HI,
    i still didnt get you. we are using citrix to access our database from different locations worldwide. we rae using SQl server 2005. now where i need to add that subfolder ?

what i get from your reply is that supposeif i m a user who wants to access in different language than i need to install the language subfolder?
    Yes. In the client folder you can see subfolders like ENU, CSY or other (based on the language). And you need to add the language subfolder for language, to which you want to be able to switch the client. Of course, second step is to have the required language layer in the database itself (by localizing the database e.g. by importing the .flm file, but you need to know what you are doing and how you are doing it...), but this is done per objects (per database), not per client.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    sunnyk wrote:
    HI,
    i still didnt get you. we are using citrix to access our database from different locations worldwide. we rae using SQl server 2005. now where i need to add that subfolder ?

what i get from your reply is that supposeif i m a user who wants to access in different language than i need to install the language subfolder?

In reality this is not a task for an end user. It really is something your partner should set up for you. Please contact them and have them o it properly. They will have in house experienced people that know about Terminal Server.
    David Singleton
    Hi,
    I saw that our license have Spainish language module for mexico but i still didnt find that on Language--> Application language.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    sunnyk wrote:
    Hi,
    I saw that our license have Spainish language module for mexico but i still didnt find that on Language--> Application language.

Sunnyk, do you actually read the replies above?
    David Singleton