Requisition issue

aseigleaseigle Member Posts: 207
Imagine we stock a part called "Engine Oil." The Purchase unit of measure is Case, and the Base and Sale Unit of Measure is Quart. In the Qty. Per Unit of Measure field, I have defined that 1 Case = 4 Quarts. On a Sales order, I enter a line for 17 quarts of oil. When I run my requisition worksheet, it creates a line for 4.25 cases. I cannot purchase .25 cases, so i would need the system to suggest 5 cases instead. I have tried the Fixed Reorder and Max Qty reordering policies and had the same results. Am I missing something simple? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• kapil4dynamicskapil4dynamics Member Posts: 591
    Make minimum order quantity as 1 OR can keep rounding precision as 1 OR Order multiple as 1.
    Kapil Khanna
  • aseigleaseigle Member Posts: 207
    Thanks for the advice, but in trying each method you suggested, I got the same results. 4.25 cases rather than 5. Any other ideas?
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    aseigle wrote:
    Thanks for the advice, but in trying each method you suggested, I got the same results. 4.25 cases rather than 5. Any other ideas?

Kapil's suggestion should work, so you most likely have something set up wrong.
    David Singleton
    I didn't have a SKU Card for this particular item at the location I was selling from. Once I created the SKU and updated the Planning Tab with the info provided, i had no issue. Thanks.
    I had originally marked this topic as solved, but my team and I did some further analysis on this issue. When using the Maximum Qty. reordering policy, the behavior is different between 2009 and 2009SP1. In 2009, the req. wksht suggests 5 cases, and in 2009SP1, only 4.25. This looks to be a bug, and as such I have opened an incident with MS.
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    Why are you using Max Qty as a reordering policy? Surely the order multiple meets your needs as originally described?

Issues with the Max Qty policy are not a surprise, it is the one with the most issues in the majority of circumstances with MS. Can you use another policy and the order multiple to meet your needs?
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
    Max Qty was just an example of a reordering policy. This also occurs with Fixed Reorder Point. I've opened a support case with MS and they confirm that it is a bug.

3/5/2010 2:07:00 PM PST -- Hi Adam, Yes, you are right. I did this in another database and get the same results. I must have some updates on some of my test databases that are not clean. I agree this is an issue starting only in 2009 SP1. I am writing this issue up now to Development for their review. I'll keep you posted. Thank you.

Just thought I would let everybody know.
  • mjhigginsmjhiggins Member Posts: 57
    Hi

Do you have a note of the hotfix or knowledge base article for this item?

I am having the same issue, trying to resolve.