Dataport Request Form container

ALopez27ALopez27 Member Posts: 42
Experts,

How do I set up a container in a request form for a dataport for it to prompt for an external file? I got rid of the std. Options tab but would like to create a container that the user can click on so the port can prompt for a file location, I created a global 'FileName1' and designated as a Text (len 50) and have put it on the req. form, however, I forgot where to set it on the properties so it does that...please help

AL

Comments

• ShedmanShedman Member Posts: 194
    Give the textbox ID 1, that should do the trick. And don't forget to fill the CurrDataport.FILENAME with the global you've created.
  • ALopez27ALopez27 Member Posts: 42
    Hi Shedman,

I have changed the ID on the textbox to 1, however, it's not activating the functionality (ability to select an external file) that I need, I looked at another dataport that does do that and it indeed has an ID of 1, why do you think it's not working for mine?????????? Help...

AL
    Experts,

It seems that I am not putting the correct type of container for this, I just picked the Text Box container from the Toolbox, however, I'm not getting the container with the three little dots at the end of this (where you click to open the folders), please tell me what type of container I need to do this to begin with and how to bring it correctly to the request form....once I get the correct one there then I will change the ID to 1...thanks.

AL
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    Browse the how-to section, there's an article there with screenshots that explains the whole process.
    Solution verified...thanks!
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305