applies-to doc error - need help

gregl2gregl2 Member Posts: 2
newbitmapimageq.png

wondering if anybody knows how to fix this error, i wish i could give more information but the users is at another location and wasn't able to explain what she was doing to get it only could send me the image.

Comments

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    [Topic moved from 'NAV 2009' forum to 'NAV/Navision' forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• rsaritzkyrsaritzky Member Posts: 469
    This is a relatively common message and if you try to read it carefully, it should give you the information you need - BUT, to find the exact line causing the problem requires use of a few extra skills.

The message says that a document is already applied in another payment journal batch, or another line in the same batch - meaning she's trying to take the same credit memo twice ("taking" the credit memo means including it in the check, reducing the amount paid to the vendor.)

Let's assume that you have only one payment journal batch (most common, especially when the batch name is DEFAULT)

1. The field "Line No." is not visible or viewable in the standard Payment Journal form. So the first thing to do is to find the correct line number - 500000. Lines are numbered in increments of 10000, so this is the 50th line of the batch. Go down 50 lines and press Ctl-F8 to open the "Zoom" window which will display all the fields on the journal line record. Confirm the field "Line No." (second field) is 500000. If it's not, press <Esc> and go down one more or up one more until you find the right line number.

2. Look at the "Applies-to Document No." field on this line. You should see Credit Memo CM0606666.

3. Look for another line where the "Applies-to Document No." is the same Credit Memo number. It is probably above line 500000.

If the regular "Suggest Payments" process was used, then this is a bit unusual. If the payment selection was done manually, then she just selected the same credit memo twice. One of the payment journal lines should be deleted.

It's hard to do screenshots in this forum (at least I haven't figured out to do it), but hopefully this is enough to get you through it.

Good luck!
    Ron