Can't rename card No. (after the upgrade to 5.1)

jackiesjackies Member Posts: 114
Hi again :oops:

We have another issue - post-upgrade to version 5.1 - where we can not rename vendor/customer/bank card No. This was doable with version 4.0 and now we receive the error message:

"Field No. 6200 is not defined in the Vendor table"

Comments

• David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    jackies wrote:

We have another issue - post-upgrade to version 5.1 - where we can not rename vendor/customer/bank card No. This was doable with version 4.0 and now we receive the error message:

You need to contact the company that did the upgrade and have them fix this.
    David Singleton
  • jackiesjackies Member Posts: 114
    Thanks David for the quick response.

We did the upgrade with the objects-steps provided by our partner. I guess I'll have to contact them to make the necessary changes.

One more question though..is this company or database related? I'm asking this because we currently have 130+ databases with 2400+ companies :shock: and I want to know if the fix must be run per company or per database.

Thanks again!
    edited 2010-02-25
    jackies wrote:
    We did the upgrade with the objects-steps provided by our partner.

You are kidding right? You ran the upgrade yourself?
    jackies wrote:
    ...we currently have 130+ databases with 2400+ companies...

:shock: :shock: :shock: you did this yourselves?

BTW how did you run this without a partner license?

My opinion based on this and other of your posts, that you need to get your partner in and review the whole upgrade process, because it does not look like it went well. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
    David Singleton
    It was too much cost to have the databases done by our partner so we sent our customized objects for conversion, and received the steps to perform this. They also did automations on the upgrade tool per company to run it once on each database :D
    jackies wrote:
    It was too much cost to have the databases done by our partner so we sent our customized objects for conversion, and received the steps to perform this. They also did automations on the upgrade tool per company to run it once on each database :D

Well as you can see, this is where you will see i you really saved money or not. These issues all need to be resolved, and they need a skilled person, and most importantly all this needs a partner license. You need to get them in now to fix this. There may be lots more wrong that you don't know about yet.

How long have you been running now since the upgrade?
    David Singleton
    Two months.

David all of our issues were related to the customized objects and our partner made the changes to fix them.

This is the first standard functionality error I have seen since the update...except from the adjust exchange rates we received a reply that Microsoft removed starting date (which is correct ;))
    jackies wrote:
    Two months.

David all of our issues were related to the customized objects and our partner made the changes to fix them.

This is the first standard functionality error I have seen since the update...except from the adjust exchange rates we received a reply that Microsoft removed starting date (which is correct ;))

Its your system your many and your call :wink: But if it were my business on the line, I would get the partner in and go through and check everything. If you have had NO ERRORS in two months, then that's actually a good sign, so maybe you can risk it. :-k
    David Singleton
  • matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    jackies wrote:
    You need to contact the company that did the upgrade and have them fix this.

If they can't, at the very least, compile all objects after merging code I wouldn't trust them to fix it. I understand missing a line of code in a merge, but it's easy enough to catch.
    jackies wrote:
    I'm asking this because we currently have 130+ databases with 2400+ companies

Are you serious? And you paid for a license for each of those databases? Your company must be raking it in hand over fist. :lol:
    Well we are like a case study for Microsoft with the volume of companies/databases we use :lol:
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    matttrax wrote:
    jackies wrote:
    If they can't, at the very least, compile all objects after merging code I wouldn't trust them to fix it. I understand missing a line of code in a merge, but it's easy enough to catch.
    Actually, the compiler does not catch all of these, so it is quite possible that you compile all objects and still have issues like these.

I'd also like to play devil's advocate here for the partner, it looks like this is a project where the customer pushed for minimum effort, and wanted to cut the budget where it could. Usually you would have a few iterations of object checks, compilations, test runs, etcetera, and perhaps the partner was limited to what they were able to do.

Not having any error at all for 2 months on 130 databases and 2400 companies to me is actually quite impressive. That means that the error was found in an object that is not used very much, so entirely plausible that it wasn't accounted for during testing.
  • matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    Yeah, I don't mean to bash the partner. It's true that the compiler won't catch all of those errors. I wish there was a good unit tester or something. Insert, modify, rename, delete a record from every table. I know you can't test every process, but you see where I'm going.
    DenSter wrote:
    Not having any error at all for 2 months on 130 databases and 2400 companies to me is actually quite impressive.

Agreed. I actually don't think the way it was approached was bad at all. Having the partner do all of the "technical" work and then the customer running the script. You'll of course want to have the partner available in case an exception is found in one of those databases, but let's face it, importing objects, running a form, clicking a button doesn't take a senior NAV person. It's when you encounter a problem doing it that you need that person.
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    jackies wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=36238&p=239749#p239749