MPS question. Production Order Date should be WORKDATE

apapapap Member Posts: 67
Hi everyone,
We have an installation of 4SP3 for a manufacturing company. MPS & MRP is working fine after the help of some good peoople from here. =D> =D>
Now,the customer asked that the planning system should not propose Production Orders with Dates before the workdate. He has always open Sales Orders and Transfer Orders (he is using many SKUs especially for subcontractors and replinshment purposes) with dates 3-4 months old, so the system proposes (normally) Production Orders with start,end & due date some months ago according to reording policy.
Is there any way to set up the system in order to propose Prodduction Orders with Dates=> Workdate

Thanks in advance

Answers

• kapil4dynamicskapil4dynamics Member Posts: 591
    apap wrote:
    so the system proposes (normally) Production Orders with start,end & due date some months ago according to reording policy.

Good thing u know this :thumbsup: . But my first question to customer would be why they wanna do this if u know that please share that then it would be helpful for anybody to answer.
    Kapil Khanna
  • apapapap Member Posts: 67
    Thanks for yout interest kapi.
    As it is obvious he has a problem with his businesses processes,and by mistake or by purpose(?) sales orders are still opened. So he says,ok we have a problem and we know it,but we would like the planning orders to be in real dates for planning (he means from workdate and on). So what can we do?
  • kapil4dynamicskapil4dynamics Member Posts: 591
    apap wrote:
    So he says,ok we have a problem and we know it

Then they should resolve that first, difficult to buy. But the answer to your question as per NAV is : You will have to customize which I won't ever favor.
    Kapil Khanna
  • Miklos_HollenderMiklos_Hollender Member Posts: 1,598
    Make a customization that reopens an SO, saves the qty. into a new field for documentation purposes, sets qty = qty. shipped, and releases it again. It will be useful not only for production but a lot of other stuff - item availability screens and reports etc. etc.

I think this was the first customization I made back in 2003 - I have no idea why NAV doesn't have such a "close order" functionality by standard, but it's clearly something necessary for a lot of companies.
  • apapapap Member Posts: 67
    Thanks a lot for your proposal