Fixed Assets - Depreciation book

shaileshpujarashaileshpujara Member Posts: 40
In the FA Setup, in the Depreciation book card there is one option of "Allow Changes in Depr. Fields Field" to put a check mark on. If we press the F1 key on it the following help appears :

Allow Changes in Depr. Fields Field
The Depreciation Book Table
Place a check mark in this field if you want to allow the depreciation fields (the fields in the FA Depreciation Books window that determine the way depreciation is calculated) to be modified.
If you remove the check mark, then depreciation fields cannot be modified after you have posted a depreciation, write-down, appreciation, custom 1, custom 2 or disposal entry to the current depreciation book

However, I cannot change the depreciation in any case after the same has been posted. What i can do is to only cancel the FA ledger entries and post it again for any corrections to be made in depreciation calculation.

Can anybody explain this to me how it works.

Regards,
CA Shailesh Pujara

Comments

• ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    Try using the reverse option.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • shaileshpujarashaileshpujara Member Posts: 40
    Dear Sandeep,

Can you please elaborate this point.

Thanks & Regards,
    CA Shailesh Pujara
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    There are 2 options "Cancel FA entry" and "Reverse Transaction". Use Reverse Transaction option.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
    Dear Sandeep,

I am aware about the point mentioned by you. But my point here is different, I just want to know the importance of option of "Allow Changes in Depr. Fields Field" in the FA Setup on the Depreciation book card.

Please explain this if you are aware about it.

Thanks & Regards,
    CA Shailesh Pujara
  • sonjapsonjap Member Posts: 21
    Allow Changes in Depr. Fields means that you can make changes after defining some FA with that specific depreciation book. If this field is check marked than for example you can cnange depreciation years on the level of FA allthough the depreciation was calculated previously with different parameters. If the field is not check marked, you can not make any changes after defining the FA.

Hope that explanation will help.

Regards,
    Sonja
    Thanks Sonja.

Regards,
    Shailesh Pujara