Problems in Designing Report Layout

philipuskdphilipuskd Member Posts: 36
edited 2010-02-24 in NAV Three Tier
Hi all IT professionals,

In Indonesia NAV 2009 has not been released for sale to customer. And I have just got he chance to learn about NAV 2009.

I'm following the course that given in trainning manual titled C/SIDE Introduction in Microsoft Dynamics® NAV 2009. And now I'm at Chapter 9: Reports.

I found some problems:
1. I could not run the layout designer (visual studio report designer) untill at last I install the visual studio 2008 which cost me about 3GB of installation. my question is, is there any compact or specific package to be installed which enable the VS Report Desinger without having me install the whole Visual Studio Product? if there is, what is the name of the package so that I can search it in Microsoft Download or anywhere on the www?

2. In the RTC Report Print Preview, when I click the page layout, there are some extra empty pages between, before and/or after the pages that should be there. this, if I'm not mistaken, only happens when the report using 2 or more data item and there are more than 1 page that the report should has (not include the extra empty pages). This also happens when I print the report.

for now, i get confused with this problems. I'll update if there are something I found or more problems :)

Comments