Navision 4.0 - create PDF documents and send mail

rstefanettirstefanetti Member Posts: 4
Navision 4.0 - create PDF documents and send mail

Hi, i need to print invoices massively in pdf and send it automatically attached to every client, using a default email template (with company logo, company informations, etc..) I need to send mails immediatly or in batch mode.

With the 4.0 release we can not use the direct send SMTO codeunbit present in release 5.0.

What are the best solutions to create the PDF and send them automatically via email with this release of Navision?
You should use external programs?

Thanks for the support.
Roberto Stefanetti

Comments

• Jeffrey_FletcherJeffrey_Fletcher Member Posts: 10
    Hi, unfortunatley NAV has no standard feature to do this so you will have to either
    1) Write it yourself - reply with link above is a good start although PDF Creator is open source so you get what you pay for. I have had issues with it locking up and user having to stop and start application.
    2) Buy an add on - none of them are that cheap.

Amyuni is another company with a pdf tool that NAV can use via code however it is more expensive USD 680 I think for a site license but is more stable etc with many NAv solution centres using it for their pdf add ons.

PS having been there done that with our company senior developer writing it yourself does not sound to hard but it is all the little details that can catch you out such as workflow on how users will send emails, if in bulk one pdf for each customer for all invoices or one pdf attachment for each invoice, how to easily allow user to send one invoice for a selected email address etc etc.

Good luck with the project.
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    You can also try this

http://mibuso.com/blogs/ara3n/2008/08/0 ... ts-to-pdf/

Bullzip is free for upto 10 people, if you are more people, you need to purchase it from www.biopdf.com.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n