SMTP Error

Joseph_chanJoseph_chan Member Posts: 3
Hi All,

Would like to get some help on an SMTP error. I built a customization (in NAV 2009 SP1 - Classic client) for which the process include sending email notification. I used SMTP Mail (codeunit 400) for creating and sending email. I will be deploying this in terminal server environment. I had this process tested and working well on client workstations (Win XP) and on a test server (running WS 2003). But, when tested from classic client installed in the terminal server computer (running WS2003 and MS terminal server), I kept geting the following error message:

"The SMTP mail system returned the following error: Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {...GUID...} failed due to the following error: 807007e. "

I had attempted the followings to remedy the problem:
- reinstall NAV client
- reregister microsoft.navision.mail.dll (with the tlb file)

Any suggestions?
Thank you in advance...

Comments

• Joseph_chanJoseph_chan Member Posts: 3
    FYI...
    We resolved this issue.

MS Exchange was installed on this server computer (for testing purpose, and the services were not active). Apparently, because of the existing Exchange-related dlls in the registry (some are SMTP-related), when we installed NAV client, NAV SMTP componnent was not installed and registered properly. We resolved this by completly removing Exchange installation from the computer (including mnually removing about 40 registry entries), and then re-installing NAV client.