Date format in Navision

vsalotvsalot Member Posts: 47
Hi all, has anyone tried to make the date format specific to company / Country? We are running a global operation and as such our European/India/Israel offices would like to print out with dd/mm/yy and our US office would like to print mm/dd/yy. .

We are using Citrix Server to use this. We are having different companies in the same server/database

Comments

• matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    The date format is controlled by the system settings in Windows. As far as I know there is not a way around this.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    vsalot wrote:
    Hi all, has anyone tried to make the date format specific to company / Country? We are running a global operation and as such our European/India/Israel offices would like to print out with dd/mm/yy and our US office would like to print mm/dd/yy. .

We are using Citrix Server to use this. We are having different companies in the same server/database

What Mattrax says is correct, but a woraround is to use Either VMware or Hyper-V to run multiple instances of Terminal Server/Citrix. Then each of these instances can have different time zone settings.

Note that this is NOT a Navision issue, its an infrastructure issue, you will have the same issue with Excel.
    David Singleton
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    It's possible to have multiple languages installed on TS. What I am not sure about is if you can link languages to user profiles, but you can select languages when you are connected. When you select the language, the system will apply regional settings that belong to that language to your connection.
  • FrabsFrabs Member Posts: 12
    I have TS running and I control the Dateformat with GPO. Users coming from USA have there regional settings = ENU others are DE, FR etc. then the date format will be correct in NAV.