Depreciation on FA Card

shaileshpujarashaileshpujara Member Posts: 40
Dear all,

At the time of creating the FA Card I can define the ending book value and due to this the fixed asset will be depreciated on the remaining amount i.e. after deducting the ending book value on the FA Card. Now as you all know that as per Companies Act, 1956 the fixed asset can be depreciated to the extent of 95% only and therefore the setup to depreciate should be in % term on FA Card. Also there should be a setup available which I can make on Deprecation books also so that whenever I select the particular depreciation book for a particular asset then the default set up of ending book value of 5% ending book value gets copied on that FA also.

Can anyone suggest any solution for this

Regards,
CA Shailesh Pujara

Comments

• chengalasettyvsraochengalasettyvsrao Member Posts: 711
    standard navision support that functionality.
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    [Topic moved from 'NAV 2009' forum to 'NAV/Navision' forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973

Can you enlighten me how NAV support functionality asked by Shailesh?
    Dear all,

At the time of creating the FA Card I can define the ending book value and due to this the fixed asset will be depreciated on the remaining amount i.e. after deducting the ending book value on the FA Card. Now as you all know that as per Companies Act, 1956 the fixed asset can be depreciated to the extent of 95% only and therefore the setup to depreciate should be in % term on FA Card. Also there should be a setup available which I can make on Deprecation books also so that whenever I select the particular depreciation book for a particular asset then the default set up of ending book value of 5% ending book value gets copied on that FA also.

Being a India specific requirement it is not incorporated in standard NAV till now. Further this fetaure will create some problems too. For E.g. for assets less than 5000/- depreciation will be charged @100% in the first year. The setup required by you need not be assigned on those assets.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • shaileshpujarashaileshpujara Member Posts: 40
    Dear Sandeep,

So what do you suggest. Do we require to make the customisation for assets having value below Rs. 5000/- to be depreciated @ 100% of the value and for the rest to the extent of 95% of the total value of assets.

Pls. suggest

Regards,
    CA Shailesh Pujara
    No customization is recommended. User should manually select the values in the FA card.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    ssingla wrote:

Can you enlighten me how NAV support functionality asked by Shailesh?

I am still looking for some setup information....
    CA Sandeep Singla
  • shaileshpujarashaileshpujara Member Posts: 40
    Ya but thats not the solution. User will get irritated if he has to calculate 5% of the ending book value and fill in on each and every FA Card. The set up should be done only once which will flow to each of the FA card.

Pls let me know if you can get any appropriate solution for this.

Thanks & Regards,
    Shailesh Pujara
    Ya but thats not the solution. User will get irritated if he has to calculate 5% of the ending book value and fill in on each and every FA Card. The set up should be done only once which will flow to each of the FA card.

Pls let me know if you can get any appropriate solution for this.

Thanks & Regards,
    Shailesh Pujara
    You can customize it. It won't be a big effort.
    CA Sandeep Singla