Foreign Exchange fluctuation

shaileshpujarashaileshpujara Member Posts: 40
Dear all,

Can anybody tell me how can we load the amount of Foreign exchange fluctuation on FA Card directly which is allowed as per AS-11 of ICAI. Can I do it directly through running the batch job of Ajust Exchange rate ?

Also there is no report available for the Adjust exchange rate batch job run in the system. The system only gives one single entry and no break-up of the same is available customer wise, vendor wise and bank wise and also in detail transaction wise for each of the aforesaid. Can you suggest me how can I get the transaction wise detail of the batch job posted in Navision.

Regards,
Shailesh Pujara

Comments

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    [Topic moved from 'NAV 2009' forum to 'NAV/Navision' forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    Unfortunately the requirement of AS-11 can not be met with standard NAV and the only option is to manually pass on the Journal Voucher.
    Further I would recommend that you open a separate FA Card or in case you want to post the entry in the same FA Card then calculate & post the depreciation for that FA before posting the Journal Voucher.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • shaileshpujarashaileshpujara Member Posts: 40
    Dear Sandeep,

But in that case dont you think that for each and every time I will have to calculate and post the depreciation manually and will not be able to do it through Calculate depreciation batch job.

Also pls. let me know if I can get the report for Foreign exchange fluctuation from the system transaction wise for each category.

Thanks & Regards,
    CA Shailesh Pujara
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    Yes you can depending upon the flow of transactions in the system as per your configuration.
    Just a tip : Start for FA module and move to vendor entries against acquisition entries. If currency code <> LCY then look for exchange rate adjustment entries for the vendor ledger entry. You will have to use date filter to get the relevant data.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in