Devleopers Toolit NAV 2009 SPI

jwilderjwilder Member Posts: 263
I cannot get the Developers Toolkit to work with NAV 2009 SPI. The error I get says "There are errors in the text conversion because text no. 200-1 does not exist inthe .stx file".

I have made sure the stx file in the Dev Toolkit folder is the one from the client/enu folder. I have the correct license in the Dev Toolkit folder. I create a database with a NAV 2009 SPI client and imported the DevTool.fob into it.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    Did you read this site?

https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource ... xt=Toolkit

and did you read this also?

Note: Version 3.01.410 is developed for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009. Therefore, you must either create the Developer’s Toolkit database with Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 Classic client executables, or you must follow the instructions in the following How To article to create the database with Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 SP1 executables

https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource ... NDT2009SP1

Regards
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • jwilderjwilder Member Posts: 263
    I do not have access to partner source, could you paste the articles in here?
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    jwilder wrote:
    I do not have access to partner source, could you paste the articles in here?

Unfortunately that is not allowed.

You need to contact your partner who will get the information to you.
    David Singleton
  • gfrgfr Member Posts: 10
    Hi,

Did someone encountered problems when merging to 2009 SP1 with the new toolkit? Keys lost, Inpage property not correct, key groups lost,... It seems the new toolkit contains more features than before.

Bye,
    Giovanni
  • danielhdanielh Member Posts: 16
    Experienced lost keys and keygroups when upgrading from NAV260-> NAV2009SP1.. Not only for merged tables but for Custom Tables as well....
    NAV Developer
  • Dennis_DecoeneDennis_Decoene Member Posts: 123
    I had the same, albeit slightly different issue with Developers Toolkit v 3.01.401 for NAV 2009 SP1. I got "There are errors in the text conversion because text no. 160-1 does not exist inthe .stx file".

The howto states you should copy these files to the toolkit folder:
    CFRONT.DLL
    cfront.ocx
    cfrontsql.dll
    Microsoft.Dynamics.NAV.CFront.CFrontDotNet.dll
    Microsoft.Dynamics.NAV.CFront.CFrontDotNet.xml
    nc_netb.dll
    nc_tcp.dll
    nc_tcps.dll
    ndbcs.dll
    slave.exe
    dbm.dlll

It does not mention that you should also copy FIN.STX and FIN.ETX files in the ENU folder. At least that is how I solved it.

But, like David said, your partner should help you with such issues.
  • vaprogvaprog Member Posts: 1,139
    I had the same, albeit slightly different issue with Developers Toolkit v 3.01.401 for NAV 2009 SP1. I got "There are errors in the text conversion because text no. 160-1 does not exist inthe .stx file".

I also battled the same error message as Dennis_Decoene, but with Developers Toolkit v 3.1.0.410 and recent patches of C/Front and client dlls. I even registered the dotnet dll to the assembly cache as suggested here. Nothing helped. ](*,)

Finaly I found where Developers Toolkit keeps it's setting in the registry, renamed the key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Developers Toolkit\3.01 that was there from a previous attempt with NAV 5.0 SP1 dlls.

This fixed the error \:D/ and I was able to start up the program, enter the connection details and successfully open the database. =D>

I had the same error message also when I tried to use some other tools which require C/Front with NAV 2009 SP1 files. :( So, if anyone has more info about what exactly causes the error, and how it must be resolved more specifically, I would be grateful.
  • HAGE_rm_hgHAGE_rm_hg Member Posts: 1
    This is the result of one and a half day trying to run Microsoft Dynamics NAV Developer's Toolkit (version 3.01.410) :

1st problem solved
    I wasn't able to open the former created database. It was created as explained in the manual.
    By a little mistake, I did not copy the following files completely. So make sure to copy every file as mentioned:

Copy the following C/FRONT files from the C/Front installation folder to the Developer's Toolkit folder:
    CFRONT.DLL
    cfront.ocx
    cfrontsql.dll
    Microsoft.Dynamics.NAV.CFront.CFrontDotNet.dll
    Microsoft.Dynamics.NAV.CFront.CFrontDotNet.xml

C/Front installation folder is by default: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\60\SDK\CFRONT.
    Developer's Toolkit folder by default: C:\Program Files \Microsoft Dynamics NAV\Developers Toolkit

The next files to be copied from NAV Classic client folder to Dev Toolkit folder are
    nc_netb.dll
    nc_tcp.dll
    nc_tcps.dll
    ndbcs.dll (actually this was the file I did not copy :-$ )
    slave.exe
    dbm.dll

2nd problem solved
    Then the next problem was to import a version via import version card as explained in the manual.
    "The language of the file to import does not match the language of the .stx file. Import stopped!"
    For this I came to this board thread and I tried hundreds of variants of different suggestions and .stx files.

At the end the solution was NOT to define a STX File Name in the Import Version Card.
    Keep that field clear, but define every expression following instead:

Version List Expression - Version List
    Date Expression - Date
    Time Expression - Time
    Modified Expression - Modified
    Yes Expression - Yes
    No Expression - No

After this I was able to import a given textfile. I even imported all objects of a complete 5.0 project (4800 objects) successfully into this NAV 2009 SP1 toolkit environment.
  • BancipBancip Member Posts: 1
    Hi

From Version 4 SP1
    To Version 2009 R2

Had problems :

1. "There are errors in the text conversion because text no. 200-1 does not exist inthe .stx file" - solved with .stx from ENU catalog and with all files copyed to folder (as was descrideb before)
    2. Used import function (not merge and compre) and imported 3 versions (left .stx file placement empty )
    3. If after that u will get error with merge and compare - replace default.stx with fin.stx from ENU folder (rename) - it helped.