Record Link deletion after document archive

andy76andy76 Member Posts: 616
Hello everyone,

making some tests we discovered that the records in Record Link - table nr. 2000000068 are automatically deleted when the sales document are archived automatically if flag Sales & Receivables Setup."Archiving Sales Order" is true.

Is there a method to obtain/restore records deleted?

We have inserted a lot of link for a lot of documents and are afraid of this.
This is the work of various months.

Do you have some suggestions?

Thank you

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    There is no way if the record was once deleted. But do not forget, if you post something from the order, the shipment/receive and invoice was created and the links were copied there... or you have some backup of db...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • andy76andy76 Member Posts: 616
    Dear Kine,

if flag Sales & Receivables Setup."Archiving Sales Order" is true also the shipment/receive and posted invoice loses the record link to attachment and seems to be deleted. Isn'it it?

Thank you
  • jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    MS released work around here

https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase ... RLQTOPKSTM

How to prevent linked documents from being removed when you post a purchase order, a sales order or a return order in Microsoft Dynamics NAV 5.0
    I already found this post but this is not my problem.
    Also inserting the link on Sales Header, the link is passed to Shipment and Posted Invoice but when the original Sales Header is fully invoiced and archived for the setup, all the links also on Shipment and Posted Invoice are lost / deleted.

Thank you
  • jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    What version of NAV are you on 5,5.1/09,09sp1 ?

Were a few bug fixes for 5.

if you are using 2009 are you using RTC ?
    5.0 (not sp1)

Thank you