How to mark a field as not mandatory

mkpjsrmkpjsr Member Posts: 587
Hi

i want to mark "vendor Cr. Memo No" on Purchase Return Orders as not mandatory.
i searched for the onValidate trigger of the field under Purchase Header table but nothing is written there. so how can we do this

Answers

• chengalasettyvsraochengalasettyvsrao Member Posts: 711
    can i Know why ?

there is field availble in Purchase & payables setup - External document No mandatory .

if it is Yes , then at the time of Invoice and credit memo system will ask the vendor Invoice No, vendor credit memo No.
  • chengalasettyvsraochengalasettyvsrao Member Posts: 711
    check the code unit purchase - post - 90.

coding :

IF Invoice AND PurchSetup."Ext. Doc. No. Mandatory" THEN
    IF "Document Type" IN ["Document Type"::Order,"Document Type"::Invoice] THEN
    TESTFIELD("Vendor Invoice No.")
    ELSE
    TESTFIELD("Vendor Cr. Memo No.");
  • mkpjsrmkpjsr Member Posts: 587
    can i Know why ?

Sometimes the client dont receive any credit memo no from the vendor so they dont want this field to be mandatory.

thanx for the immediate reply
  • mkpjsrmkpjsr Member Posts: 587
    check the code unit purchase - post - 90.

coding :

IF Invoice AND PurchSetup."Ext. Doc. No. Mandatory" THEN
    IF "Document Type" IN ["Document Type"::Order,"Document Type"::Invoice] THEN
    TESTFIELD("Vendor Invoice No.")
    ELSE
    TESTFIELD("Vendor Cr. Memo No.");

thanx
  • themavethemave Member Posts: 1,058
    can i Know why ?

there is field availble in Purchase & payables setup - External document No mandatory .

if it is Yes , then at the time of Invoice and credit memo system will ask the vendor Invoice No, vendor credit memo No.

this post has your answer, if you don't want it mandatory, then do not check the box on the setup.

forget about code unit 90, bla bla bla, just do the setup as it was designed.