salesorder is in process

hemantOnehemantOne Member Posts: 98
Hello guys,

I am using Nav5 with Sql Server database.I want that when two or more users concurrently working on same salesorder than the
message prompt before them that (this sales order is in process by other user)
It means the user who opened first that sale order ,can only work on that, if the next user try to work on that sales order the message comes ...sales order is in process by other user.

Is there any Solution in Navision for that?

Thanx
Regards,
Hemant
They can conquer who believe they can

Comments

• chengalasettyvsraochengalasettyvsrao Member Posts: 711
    hemantOne wrote:
    Hello guys,

I am using Nav5 with Sql Server database.I want that when two or more users concurrently working on same salesorder than the
    message prompt before them that (this sales order is in process by other user)
    It means the user who opened first that sale order ,can only work on that, if the next user try to work on that sales order the message comes ...sales order is in process by other user.

Is there any Solution in Navision for that?

Thanx

can i know why want this requiremnt ?

Most companies are using some packages , in that packages when two users working on the same document , this type of errors will come , to aviod that type of problems most of people are using the ERP.

Number of users simaltaneously can work on anydocument .

i dont know your client required the old concept , after they have Navision.
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    [Topic moved from 'NAV 2009' forum to 'NAV/Navision' forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    I think hes refering to unique document numbers using the latest number series.

EG i open a blank order with Doc No xxxxx1, then go to lunch
    User 2 comes and starts working and uses doc xxxxx1

I return and start working on what i think is an open doc but it has been used already

so i get the message " another user has modified the record etc"

If indívidual users and docs have a 1:1 ratio then you could filter it so that users can only see docs with their USerID

EG Filter by Salesperson on the USer security setup

Or you could teach them to refresh the screen more often
  • hemantOnehemantOne Member Posts: 98
    Thanx Jan,
    I will try .
    Regards,
    Hemant
    They can conquer who believe they can
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Train your users. Surely every company comprehends that if they buy a new system then they need to be trained how to use it right?

](*,)
    David Singleton