Manufacturing - replan work centre load

northernernortherner Member Posts: 67
Hi

I'm new to manufacturing and would appreciate some help please!

I have a work centre which is capacity constrained, and currently has no load against it. A sales order is raised for a product whose routing uses the work centre, with a shipment date of 28th Feb. The planning worksheet raises a production order, and schedules the routing to finish on the 27th Feb. Now lets say I raise sales orders for other items, all of which have a routing that uses the same work centre, all with a shipment date of the 28th Feb, and the resultant production orders load up the work centre until, say, the 22nd Feb. Next, one of the sales order shipment dates is postponed, e.g. for a month, and the planning worksheet cancels the current production order / creates a new one. This leaves a gap in the load on the work centre - for the sake of argument, lets say it now has no tasks to carry out on the 24th Feb. I know this gap can be filled by manually making changes using the task list or production schedule, but is there any way of getting NAV to reschedule the tasks for me?

Many thanks

Comments

• kapil4dynamicskapil4dynamics Member Posts: 591
    Did u try get action messages ?
    Kapil Khanna
  • northernernortherner Member Posts: 67
    Hi Kapil

Action messages didn't seem to do the trick for me. What did work in the end was getting the planning worksheet to create planned production orders rather than firm planned.

Thanks