Automated testing

mabl4367mabl4367 Member Posts: 143
Hi all!

Is there an easy way to automate testing in navision?

I would like to be able to define initial conditions, user actions and expected system responses.

When I run the test it should set up the conditions, preform the actions, compare the actual responses to the expected ones and show me a report of the result of the comparisons.

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Check the testing functionality of NAV 2009 SP1. You can see example on my blog.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • molmol Member Posts: 1
    If you only need functional testing the previous post is the answer.
    However, correct me if I am wrong, this will not provide an automated test of the actual process from start to end, just the code unit.
    Take a look at ClickLearn. It has been designed to automate any kind of process within NAV according to the UI rather than the code behind.
    WHY? Because we want the customer to be satisfied with the actual process (the way they use the system) and do so the automated way!
    HOW? 1. Record simply using the NAV client and save it, 2. Replay (this is the automation part) to validate that the process works!), 3. Produce (gives you a nice documentation of the test - which you can even give to the user as end user documentation of the process!)
    YOUR CONDITIONS: While ClickLearn's primary goal is to create documentation (Word,Flash and AVI Video and e-learning material) it has deep insight in the NAV system, which also means that you may code conditional statements in your process and read records from any table to validate the actual values written into the database during a process.