Adding New Document Type to Cust. Ledger Entry/Gen. Journal

RoddyMcLeanRoddyMcLean Member Posts: 101
Hi,

I have a requirement to add a new document type to "cust. ledger entry" called certificate. I'm going to add it in the following manner to allow for future upgrades: -

,Payment,Invoice,Credit Memo,Finance Charge Memo,Reminder,Refund,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Certificate

Essentially a Certificate (specific to construction) is the same as an Invoice, with some differences. Has anyone done anything like this before? I'm going to try it out today (with the toolkit's help) and any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Roddy

Comments

• matteo_montanarimatteo_montanari Member Posts: 189
    Hi,

I have a requirement to add a new document type to "cust. ledger entry" called certificate. I'm going to add it in the following manner to allow for future upgrades: -

,Payment,Invoice,Credit Memo,Finance Charge Memo,Reminder,Refund,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Certificate

Essentially a Certificate (specific to construction) is the same as an Invoice, with some differences. Has anyone done anything like this before? I'm going to try it out today (with the toolkit's help) and any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
    Roddy

Hi

If it's like an invoice, why not use "invoice" and add a new field "certificate" [boolean]?
    Change the document type is a heavy change and it will broke every addon..

Matteo
    Reno Sistemi Navision Developer
  • RoddyMcLeanRoddyMcLean Member Posts: 101
    Hi,

Thanks for the reply :D . I've suggested that and its being resisted a bit. :D

Roddy
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Hi,

Thanks for the reply :D . I've suggested that and its being resisted a bit. :D

Roddy

Push them. Matteo's suggestion is much better for the client than adding a new option.
    David Singleton
  • RoddyMcLeanRoddyMcLean Member Posts: 101
    I am. I wondered if it was perhaps not so difficult to do?