"Frozen" NAV Client

beno.pulverbeno.pulver Member Posts: 31
Hello all,

I have a very strange case at one customer. In our solution we have a batch tool, which executes jobs at certain times or events (something like OnTimer).
This batch tool is installed at more than 90 customers and runs 7x24h without any problems.

Now we added one addional job at 2 customers. This job calls an archive function, which produces .PDF files. The job checks registry and automation entries and calls DLLs. At one customer the job runs since months without any problems. At the second customer we have the problem, that the client "freezes" after some seconds, when the new job has been called. There is no error message at all. Also in the server eventlog nothing is mentioned. We have to end then the NAV client abnormally. If we call the NAV client again and start the job again, everything runs perfectly again!?! The job can then be called 20 times and it will complete normally 20 times. The next night the error will appear again.

I have absolutely no idea, why this Client freeze occurs. The only difference between the two customers is, that the first one has only one company and the second one (with problems) has two companies. But as the jobs of the second customer do not run in parallel, there shouldn't be any locks.

Have you any idea, how I could check, what the problem is?

Thank you very much, Beno

PS: it is a windows 2003 server, native database 5.01 SP1 and of course also a NAV 5.0 SP1 Client (build 29410).

Answers

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    I had same or similar problem - calling some functions with automation from within Job Queue under NAS, two days worked without problem, than the NAS is not responding, doing nothing, no error in event log... I removed the automation part, solved it in another way and no problem since that...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.