Scope of MARK

mabl4367mabl4367 Member Posts: 143
Hi everyone!

In a report, recSL is a record of subtype Sales line.
The report marks som of the records in recSL using MARK(TRUE);

recSL2 is a record of the same subtype in the same report. Will the same records in recSL2 be marked? If not, is there a way to copy the marks?

Will the same records in any record variable of the same subtype in any object be marked? If not is there a way to pass the marks between objects?

Comments

• David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    What are you trying to do? Marks are generally not a good idea.
    David Singleton
  • mabl4367mabl4367 Member Posts: 143
    I want to enable users to filter sales orders on the contents of their respective saleslines.

I thougth it would be possible to add a menu item to the function button on the sales order form. When pushed it would execute a report with sales line as the only data item. The user would set filters on the request form and the report would mark all the records that passed the filters.

Then I would make the sales order form only show orders that have at least one marked sales line.
    Use a Temporary table instead.
    David Singleton
  • mabl4367mabl4367 Member Posts: 143
    I'd like to avoid working with a temporary table beacause our sales headers and saleslines have been heavyly customized. There is som ugly stuff, like periodic updating of the sales lines 10 times per second, going on.

Even if I decide not to use MARK I'd like to know how MARK works. Where can the marks be seen how long do they survive?
    mabl4367 wrote:
    Even if I decide not to use MARK I'd like to know how MARK works. Where can the marks be seen how long do they survive?

You really should not use marks in programming. They are OK for quick user filters, but not much more. if you need marks and can't use Temp tables then you really need to look at the whole system design before you go too far down a one way street.
    David Singleton
  • vijay_gvijay_g Member Posts: 884
    Hi,
    are you technical or functional or you MS partner?