Options

Belgian Reports Error in NAV 2009 SP1

llegrandllegrand Member Posts: 9
edited 2010-02-17 in NAV Three Tier
Hi all,

We've recently tried to run some reports in NAV 2009 SP1 BE RoleTailored Client.
We often encounter the following error :
Microsoft Dynamics NAV

Microsoft Dynamics NAV Classic client version does not match the RoleTailored client version. You can only start matching client versions.
Microsoft Dynamics NAV Classic version: 5.0.26084
RoleTailored client version: 6.0.29626.0
OK
After investigation, it seems that this error appears only when we try to execute belgian localized reports in RTC ! :-k
Effectively, when we design one of these reports, we can see that there is no layout.
Finally, when we export one of these reports in a .txt file, we can see that the "section" RDLDATA in this file is empty.

Is somebody knows this issue ?
Is somebody has a solution for this issue ?

Thanks for your help !

Answers

• Options
    mihail_kolevmihail_kolev Member Posts: 379
    The RTC is trying to run the classic layout of the report, but your default client is 5.0.blah.blah... So when I faced that problem, I just removed the 5.0 client from control panel, repaired the NAV2009 and copied the 5.0 directory from the install dvd to work with it when I need it.
    -Mihail- [MCTS]
  • Options
    nav_126nav_126 Member Posts: 77
    HI llegrand,

Do one thing. Open the report in classic and go to tools-> create layout suggestion and it will open in RDLC.

Then save that file(If layout is correct else make some changes).

Save the navision report and try to run the RTC.

I have faced the problem and i tried this and it worked for me.

Regards
    Navision Developer
  • Options
    I just removed the 5.0 client from control panel, repaired the NAV2009 and copied the 5.0 directory from the install dvd to work with it when I need it.
    I've tried it on a new computer, without any other installations of former NAV versions. The error is still present. #-o
    nav_126 wrote:
    Do one thing. Open the report in classic and go to tools-> create layout suggestion and it will open in RTC.

Then save that file(If layout is correct else make some changes).
    I know how to create a layout suggestion. But my problem is that the layout is missing only for belgian localized reports !
    The other reports, worldwide ones, have a layout and can be runned correctly in RTC.

Is it normal that Microsoft has provided a localized database for Belgium without any report layout for RTC ? :-k
  • Options
    Ok... Ok...

The answer is that Microsoft provides not all the reports with a Reporting Services Layout !!!

As nav_126 said, I'm obliged to uninstall all former NAV versions and install NAV 2009 RTC and Classic Client.
    By this way, RTC will run reports without RS layout similarly as Classic Client do it.

Thanks for your help !