Importing Sales History

ADARTIHSADARTIHS Member Posts: 78
Hi Everyone 8)

Version: NAV 2009 SP1
Database: SQL

This may seem like a simple question but I require your advice :roll:

What is the best way to import a customers Sales history for 2009, with dimension values.
I was going to do the following:
1. Setup system with stock items and customers with the default dimensions setup.
2. Amend the posting groups that all nominal postings go to a single ledger entry.
3. Import the sales history as Sales Invoices and post
4. Import the purchase history as Purchase invoices and post.
5. Delete Sales Ledger entries (this will be brought through as opening balances only)
6. Delete Purchase Ledger entries (this will be brought through as opening balances only)

Is there an easier way?

thanks

ADARTIHS

Comments

• David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    ADARTIHS wrote:
    1. Setup system with stock items and customers with the default dimensions setup.
    2. Amend the posting groups that all nominal postings go to a single ledger entry.
    IN A TEST COMPANY
    3. Import the purchase history as Item Journals with dimensions and post.
    4. Import the sales history as Item Journals with dimensions and post.
    5. Review the posting transactions with your auditors. Have the auditors approve the process.
    6. Do this in the live system.
    ADARTIHS wrote:
    5. Delete Sales Ledger entries (this will be brought through as opening balances only)
    6. Delete Purchase Ledger entries (this will be brought through as opening balances only)

Never delete entries in Navision.
    David Singleton
  • ADARTIHSADARTIHS Member Posts: 78
    I know waht you are saying about never delete transactions but how do you do it?

Saying you should never do this or that does not actually answer the question.

thanks
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    David did answer your question. He basically means that you're solution is not the right way to go about importing sales history.
    Alex Chow wrote:
    David did answer your question. He basically means that you're solution is not the right way to go about importing sales history.

I guess he didn't read my reply in detail. At a quick glance it looks like I just quoted him.
    David Singleton
    IN A TEST COMPANY
    3. Import the purchase history as Item Journals with dimensions and post.
    4. Import the sales history as Item Journals with dimensions and post.
    5. Review the posting transactions with your auditors. Have the auditors approve the process.
    6. Do this in the live system.

What I meant is that this is the way you should do it. NOT the way you were planning.
    David Singleton
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    What is the business reason for the sales history?
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen