Close Income Statement

khatiakhatia Member Posts: 16
edited 2010-02-16 in Navision Financials
Hi all,

I have a problem with "Close Income Statement" batch. When I am running this batch nothing appear changes on G\L.

Can someone help me?

Khatia

Comments

• khatiakhatia Member Posts: 16
    May I do something incorrectly, please can you tell me step by step what I have to do. At first I have closed year and ther I have run this Close Income Statement and nothing changes on the chart of accounts...

Khatia
  • Edward_BloomfieldEdward_Bloomfield Member Posts: 155
    In the World Wide system and the majority of country specific ones if you run the Close Income Statement, then it does not change the Chart of Accounts/G/L Entries directly.

Instead it populates a General Journal using the Template and Batch you selected on the report Options tab.

If you go to the General Journal in question, you will see the entries are there. You can then review the entries then the journal and decide to post it, or you can delete/amend the entries or re-run the Close Income Statement, if desired.

There are exceptions:

In some countries (eg Spain) the batch job does post directly.

If you have an additional reporting currency set up, it will try to post directly.
    Edward Bloomfield

Lead Consultant
    Theta
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    khatia wrote:
    May I do something incorrectly, please can you tell me step by step what I have to do. At first I have closed year and ther I have run this Close Income Statement and nothing changes on the chart of accounts...

Khatia

Have you checked out the Help file by pushing F1? It has a step by step instruction on how to properly close the income statement.