Purchase orders not resceduled by MRP if partially received?

MatthewRBrittonMatthewRBritton Member Posts: 27
Hi all,

I have found that in Nav 5.0 sp1 once a Purchase order has been partially receipted, MRP no longer suggests rescheduling of the outstanding quantity, and if the delivery date is after the requirement date, it will actually suggest creation of a new Purchase order for that outstanding qty.

Example

Qty on sales order = 100 required 1/3/10
Qty on Purchase order = 100 due 15/3/10 (i.e. late)
MRP suggests reschedule Purchase order to 1/3/10. Perfecto!

Now I reciept in 50 on the Purchase order 1/2/10 so,
Qty on Purchase order (Outstanding qty) = 50 due 15/3/10
Qty in inventory = 50.

MRP suggest a new Purchase order of 50 due 1/3/10. Not so Perfecto. If I raise this Purchase order, I have 100 on demand, and 150 on supply - a bad situation when some materials $9000/UOM!!!

If I then receipt in the remaining 50 on the 10/2/10
Qty on Purchase order (New one) = 50 due 1/3/10
Qty in inventory = 100.
MRP now suggests cancel the new Purchase order due 1/3/10. MRP told me to raise it???

Anyone else have this issue? Is it some logic I don't understand? To me, even if I have partially recieved something, I still want to be told that the remainder is likely to be late, and not just told to order more.

Thanks

Matt

Comments

• cernstcernst Member Posts: 280
    Hi,

I'm not sure this will solve your problem but for 5.0 Sp1 there is a planning roll update with a lot of changes/fixes in the MRP engine.
    if you have'nt installed it you can download it and the whitepaper from partnersource.
    That's interesting to know, I'll get our partner onto the job and get them to forward me the white paper. I have been 'discussing' bugs in the MRP/MPS plannning worksheet with them for some time, and trying to get them to fix them. Hopefully if I can read the paper myself, I can identify bugs they have already fixed in the code.

Another bug is as follows

An item is set up as follows in regard to planning:

Reordering Policy: Lot-for-Lot
    Safety stock: defined say 10 for the example
    Minimum order qty: defined say 4 for the example
    Maximum order qty: defined say 4 for the example
    Order multiple: defined say 4 for the example

Inventory on hand = 0

With the above set, I would expect MRP to plan 3 prod orders, each for qty 4 - actually Nav does two things here. If there are no production orders yet, MRP will suggest 3 prod. Orders, each for qty 4. If these orders are then created as firm planned, the next MRP run will suggest to cancel 2 for qty 4, and change the qty on the 3rd to 10! Obviously that violates the Minimum order qty, Maximum order qty and Order multiple