Options

create ODBC connection

nostrannostran Member Posts: 106
hi,

i am quite new to navision and i am using navision database server. i am trying to establish an ODBC connection with my database. I went to Control Panel, Administrative tools, ODBC.

I tried to add a new system dsn. but the list of drivers had only sql server. do i need to install any navision database server and where do i get it?

i am planning to use Excel to extract data from navision and for that i need the odbc. But i am planning also to use Crystal report and can i use the ddf to connect to the navision database and where do i get the ddf n how to i use them.

any help would be greatly appreciated.
thanks

Comments

• Options
    jemmyjemmy Member Posts: 247
    Hi Nostran,

You have to install Navision CODBC 3.70, you could find it in your Navision Product CD, folder CODBC. :wink:

Hope this helps.

Jemmy
  • Options
    zachavaszachavas Member Posts: 7
    Having done what Jemmy suggests, next time you open up control panel/administrative tools/ODBC , you will be presented with an option C/ODBC system 32, which does the trick for Navision.

Good Luck :)

Vasileios
  • Options
    nostrannostran Member Posts: 106
    thanks guys,

i managed to sort out the odbc connection :D . the only sad thing though is that it seems i can't access the database through an odbc connection when the database is in use.

cheers
  • Options
    SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    not true. Your connecting as a single client.

Check your license for 1,700 : C/ODBC

In the beginning I felt the same way until I realized We had to buy an update to the license to use C/ODBC. Now we can connect to crystal or access or whatever