Enter text value in text flowfield

mariusswmariussw Member Posts: 52
I have a text flowfield in a table of Method = Lookup, that lookup a description field from another table.

I would like to let a user enter a new value (from the field on a form) and execute code to up date the value of the source field of the other table.

For starters, I get a message "The CalcFormula for the ... FlowField in the ... table should start with 'Sum(...'.

Any ideas on whether it is feasible and how? Which triggers to use and how to avoid the indicated message?

Thanks

Comments

• matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    So you want an editable FlowField? Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose of a FlowField? If you want it to go update the value in the other table you'll need to make it a normal field.
  • lvanvugtlvanvugt Member Posts: 774
    edited 2010-02-11
    Well, no, you can use a FlowField to enter data in an underlying table when the FlowField is of type Sum (that's actually what the error message is saying).
    Standard NAV is using this feature on the Budget window. In the past we had used it on a similar window for hour registration.
    Luc van Vugt, fluxxus.nl
    Never stop learning
    Van Vugt's dynamiXs
    Dutch Dynamics Community
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    As Luc says, standard can only be done with integers and Decimals.

But its easy to emulate.

Create a new text variable and update that with the flow field value, then on validate get the other table and change the value.
    David Singleton