Option field showing wrong value

RoddyMcLeanRoddyMcLean Member Posts: 101
Hi,

I have a navision database (on SQL 2008) where the option field is showing the wrong values when viewed in the table.

When viewed from the form appropriate values appear for the option field (Cash, Cheque, Giro, BOBS, AutoPay and BACS).
When looking at the option field directly in the table in Navision the values generally appear as 194,195,196 etc which is incorrect. If I filter on the field >5 in Navision then nothing is returned which suggests that internally the database is interpreting the values correctly. When looking at the table in SQL the option fields appear as 0,1,2,3,4,5 which is what you would expect. ](*,)

This is also causing some strange behaviour in the database with records disappearing when an attempt is made to change the option field values. This has been reported not witnessed.

The database has been through an environment upgrade from 3.60 to 2009. There is only one place where the issue has been reported with option fields and the database has been tested extensively and everything else seems fine.

Has anyone seen anything like this before and if so can you please indicated how was it fixed?

Thanks in advance. :D
Regards
Roddy

Comments

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    I think that the option values and the option captions are not the same.
    It is possible that during the upgrade of the objects, some error has been made in the options.

If records are disappearing, probably it is because there is some code that deletes the records in the triggers.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• RoddyMcLeanRoddyMcLean Member Posts: 101
    Hi Kriki,

Thanks for the reply.

Option Value had no values set at all, only Option Caption: -
    Cash,Cheque,Giro,BOBS,AutoPay,BACS

I have since added these to option value and it has made no difference.
    Language is set as expected.

Roddy
    Can you try this : create a new line and then put 1 in the option field.
    NAV should then change it to new option-value of integer value 1.

If it doesn't, probably the option-values are still not ok.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion

• PeterDPeterD Member Posts: 66
    If an option field is used in a form it defaults to the options of that (table)field. But the options of that (form)field can be changed. You might want to check this too.
    Hi Kriki,

The 1 turns into cheque. I press down, when I go back onto the line it turn back in 196, no code is being executed in doing this. Its one the weirdest problems I've seen.

Roddy
    Are you sure no code is run (you can check with the debugger).
    Have you also tried exiting from NAV and re-entering?
    Regards,Alain Krikilion

Thanks for your reply - we are going to do the upgrade again to see what happens

Roddy